Monday, January 25, 2016

Cranberry Pumpkin Nut Bread

My Red Kuri Pumpkins got squash borer beetles which means I only got a few Kuri Pumpkins. Not enough for my regular pumpkin bread, and not enough for pumpkin pies. So I adapted a recipe. Cranberry Nut Bread became Cranberry Pumpkin Nut Bread.
The bottom stayed in the loaf pan -- it wasn't greased well enough. Oops.
Golden Crusted Bread


2 cups flour (I used bread flour, this time)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (sea salt)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoon ginger

mix together and then make a "well" in the center of the dry ingredients
use the well as the bowl to mix your wet ingredients

1/2 cup pumpkin (red kuri) pureed-ish (some chunks are good)
1 cup chopped cranberries
1 cup almonds (I used whole, but think slivers would be better)
1/4 cup baking (olive) oil
1 cup evaporated milk

mix wet ingredients in well together first and then combine in dry ingredients from the sides

put into greased loaf pan and bake at 350  for 50-60 minutes

Yummy Slices
It slices better if you can wait until the loaf cools, but I usually find that my baked goods require sacrificing the clean slice for at least half a loaf, while it's still warm and the smell is throughout the house and the butter melts instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.