Friday, July 31, 2015

Simon Says: Po-tah-to

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to, Simon says. Don't we have enough of those already?

Simon is, himself, not much of a potato eater. Though he would eat the butter from on top if I gave him one of my baked potatoes.  He has been perfectly clear about that on previous occasions. So I can't really be surprised to find he is not getting worked up over this fascinating blog article (link) on how to breed your own new potato varieties.

I on the other hand am super excited and can hardly wait until morning to see if any of our potato plants are still blooming and ripe for hand-pollinating. Aren't you excited? I ask him.

I can't wait, Simon says, for you to turn out the light and let me sleep in peace. Does that count?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.